7 things you didn't know about lactose-free milk
Lactose-free milk is a product that, as its name indicates, does not contain lactose.
Therefore we will start by explaining what is lactose? It is a type of sugar found in dairy products that some people may have difficulty digesting. .
Lactase is an enzyme produced by people who tolerate dairy products, that breaks down lactose in the body.
Lactose-free milk tastes the same as whole milk, also its texture and appearance, it also preserves the nutrients of normal milk.
For many of us, lactose-free milk is part of our weekly diet, is essential for breakfasts and recipes, that's why today we will share with you some of the most interesting facts about lactose-free milk.
- Lactose-free milk has the same nutrients as whole milk, although it does not contain lactose the essential elements of the nutritional profile are the same,
- Perfect for your recipes. Its flavor is not altered so you can prepare your favorite recipes without any problem.
- Keeps your bones and teeth strong with calcium, phosphorous and magnesium in milk as it can provide benefits for bones and teeth, as they protect against cavities and diseases like osteoporosis in the future.
- Lactose intolerance (milk sugar) it is quite frequent: around the 75% of the population is affected worldwide, with the highest rates in Asia, Africa and South America.
- Lactose-free products are regularly inspected within the framework of official food controls. Lactose content needs to be controlled during production to meet legal requirements.
- Lactose products cover a large number of dairy derivatives that have this characteristic.
- Lactose-free and skim milk are two different products, Natural milk ( skim and regular) has no added sugar.
Each of these data can help you learn a little more about this product that becomes essential when taking care of lactose, in case of being intolerant.